The ED Club strives to develop a spirit of entrepreneurship among students through education, training and research and make them think of ‘entrepreneurship’ as a career option.
Aligned to the mission, the ED Cell will have the following aims:
- To create an environment for self-employment and promote innovation and Entrepreneurship development;
- Look for opportunities of self employment through idea generation;
- Regular exposure to the area of entrepreneurship by direct exposure to competent entrepreneurs and through training;
- Disseminating new knowledge and insights in entrepreneurial theory and practice;
- Improving managerial capabilities of small scale industries;
- Sensitizing students on the support systems available to facilitate potential entrepreneurs establish and manage their enterprises.
- To make all students of the institute understand the concept of entrepreneurship.
- Promote and nurture entrepreneurship skills and culture among students by arranging formal and informal programmes.
- To utilize the infrastructure facilities and technically trained manpower for the development of non-corporate and unorganized sectors.
- To arrange for interactions of students with practicing successful entrepreneurs and seek entrepreneurial motivation.
- To promote self-employment opportunities.
- To arrange for mentoring, by practicing entrepreneurs, for students interested in setting up entrepreneurial ventures.
The ED Cell will conduct entrepreneurship related activities such as:
- Interactions with successful alumni in business and entrepreneurship;
- Guest lectures by prominent Industrialist of the region;
- Conduct a one or two-day workshop on entrepreneurship basics;
- Expose students to various Government laws, rules & regulations governing entrepreneurship and the agencies involved;
- Arrange for programmes on entrepreneurship development in association with Government agencies like MSME, MCED, DIC, etc.;
- Associate with MSME and MCED for any aspect related to the ED Cell;
- Arrange for industrial visits;
- Promote idea generation competition within campus;
- Arrange business games and other allied activities;
- All students to be exposed to the concept of entrepreneurship
- Interactions with full time entrepreneurs to be held
- Pros and cons of entrepreneurship to be clearly discussed
- Students to be engaged in idea generation for entrepreneurship
- Students interested in aiming for entrepreneurship as a career to be identified
- Such identified students to be mentored for further action
- ED cell to identify suitable mentors for such interested students
- Interested students to be exposed to various competitions in entrepreneurship field
- These students to be groomed for entrepreneurship during their academic period at college.
- Interested students to be helped in getting additional support, as required, for their entrepreneurial pursuits.
- Prashant Rajurkar (Faculty In charge)
- Student Representative 1 (MBA second year)
- Student Representative 2 (MBA first year)